Monday, January 19, 2015

Don't Drink the Juice!!!

January 19, 2015

Dear everyone,

This past week has been a great week. We got so much work done. So to start on Tuesday we taught some good lessons but nothing super interesting happened till that night when we met this guy. He is super religious but I'm still a little confused as to what his religion is. He is super interested in our message because it's the first time he's heard of God the Father having a body like ours. He started listing verses in the Bible like crazy. haha it was crazy but I'm super excited to teach him. We should teach him tomorrow. His name is Ernesto.

Wednesday was good both Elder Ledesma and I were a little sick but we still got a ton of work done. Nothing super special happened though.

Thursday was when we learned about the juice. haha I had super bad LBM (large bowl movement) in other words I was in the bathroom all night. :P Our less active gave us some juice on Tuesday and we knew it wasn't the best Idea to drink it... But they were looking at us and it was bad so we drank it... lesson learned. Don't drink the juice unless you know where it came from. :P haha But it's was all good it only lasted a few days. I'm all good now.

Friday was another good day even though we were still a little sick. But I think that's part of it. The Lord blesses us when we are at our weakest and that's how we grow. That was true for this week.

Saturday was our long day we only taught a few lessons but we ended up walking our whole area. It was long. But we were happy because we had and FHE that night which means good food. :)

Sunday was great. We had a lot of investigators come to church and we are seeing great improvements everywhere. All and all it was just a good week.

Well that's all for now. mahal kita!

Elder Christensen


Excerpt from Letter to President Balledos

For my studies this past week I learned about patience. Sometimes we forget that we need to work on the Lord’s timetable and that's not always easy. We don't always get the perfect golden investigator right when we pray for them. Sometimes we just have to work through our trials and that's part of being alive. I read Mosiah 24:9-16 and I was reminded that the Lord will often make our burdens feel light rather than take them away so that we can learn the he does visit us in our afflictions. He does help us in time of need. But we also learn patience. I think that being patient just means being positive in the face of adversity.

Pictures Brian Sent from Christmas:

* Toys that he bought to deliver while playing a "white, skinny, tall Santa."
* Elder Ledesma, his new companion
* Hi landlady at Christmas dinner





This is Mommy (our land lady) she had us over for dinner on Christmas day. When I say over for dinner I mean the next room over because we live in the same house. It's just sectioned off. haha it was pretty awesome. The first time I had stake on my mission. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment