Monday, October 21, 2013

One Transfer Out

Monday, October 21, 2013

Dear Everyone,

So this week has been pretty fun. It started a little rough because we couldn't get any lessons. A lot of people kept punting us (saying they were busy or something like that). It was very frustrating. It's all good though. :) I love serving a mission. I've found that it really is a choice to be happy out here. You can either let all the hard work and things that don't really matter get to you or you can just decide to be happy.

Later on this week we had exchanges. That was so much fun. We swapped companions with some elders, and I had to lead my area for a while. It was crazy. It was a lot of fun leading another missionary around who didn't know where things were. Haha Elder Ramos was his name.

[Are there any white elders in your apartment?] Yes one of my batch mates [a missionary who flew to the Philippines at the same time] is with me, Elder Eager. He hasn't helped with the language because he needs help. :P But it is nice to talk to him sometimes when my companion doesn't understand what I'm trying to say... :P

We had a lot of time going out trying to find people to teach. We did pretty good. I mean we taught 2 lessons that we hadn't planned on and gave away all of our pamphlets. We also met this really old couple. The man was 93 years old and his wife was 88. They had 2 great great grand kids. That's crazy! :)

To top it all off, we had one of the best lessons I have ever been a part of here. The spirit was so strong, and I think it was the first time that I really "taught by the spirit." I was super excited.

Areas Impacted by Typhoon Santi
Also I know that a lot of you have heard that there was a typhoon here in the Philippines, but to be honest, it didn't affect me at all. I mean it rained a lot but that's normal for Baguio. I didn't even hear about it until I got on the computer today. I mean it rained here pretty hard but that's kinda normal for Baguio. So to be honest there was no damage. I heard about Brandon's mission. That would not be fun. :( [Did you feel the earthquake that was near Cebu?] No, we didn't feel anything... I mean it's just been normal around here. Haha

Deseret News Article about the Earthquake

[Did you get the package?] Not yet, but transfers are this week so I should get it soon. I did get like 5 dear elders though [letters sent through DearElder.com]. :)

Well I love you all and pray for you every day. Never give up on something that matters to you. If you try your best you will find that things that seemed impossible just when you started are in reality very easy and possible to accomplish.

Mahal Kita!

Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment