Monday, July 28, 2014

Another Week in the Field

Monday, July 28, 2014

Dear Everyone,

This week has been pretty routine, to be honest. We've just been working and teaching. To start with last Monday we taught the Doctulero family about obedience.

Tuesday we just had district meeting and worked some more. We taught our recent converts in our area with their friend. It was a pretty good lesson about the pre-existence.

Entertaining Themselves while Waiting for a Bus
Wednesday was fun because we had exchanges with the zone leaders. I was with Elder Harris (not the same one from Damortis). We had a great time talking and working in Candon. I also got a study guide for the New Testament, and it's way cool. I just read Revelations with it and I actually understand that now. :D

Thursday we had a great day. It was interesting because that night on our way home a guy stopped us and said he was a member. We were really confused because we didn't know him but as it turns out he had moved there a while back and that's why no one knew he was a member. We have been trying to go back to him but he hasn't been there. We'll see how that turns out.

More Entertainment while Waiting to Go Home
Friday was a great day too. We taught a lot and found this really cool investigator. His name is Lester. He lives with his grandmother and is super interested. He's 22 and from Manila. I'm really excited to teach him. :)

Saturday was wired. We didn't teach anyone... we did get a some of our less actives to a Relief Society activity that we didn't know about until that day so that took some of our time and then everyone else was ether really busy or not home. It was really weird.

Sunday was pretty good. But we still had a hard time getting people at home or being able to share. It was a little hard. But today is the start of another week and we will go and do it all again only better. :)

For studies this past week I have been reading from the standard works as well as the conference Liahona. I read a talk by President Uchtdorf about gratitude. I really like what he said. He talked about he we should have and attitude of gratitude rather than being grateful for things. With this attitude we can withstand any temptation and we will do so cheerfully and with a happy heart. I want to apply that to my mission. I want to be grateful for what I have and who I am no matter where I am or what I'm doing.

Mahal kita

Elder Christensen

Questions from Another Email

* Who have you been teaching lately?
Well right now we are teaching the Doctulero family. They are super sweet the father is a fisherman and he has a small boat that he goes out with when the weather permits. He couldn't go out this past week and because of that they couldn't come to church because they had no money. :( But they are still super sweet. Their mom considers us her children and it's super funny when we go over there. They have 2 daughters who are active in church and they make sure they make it every week even if the parents can't come and they have some sons but they don't like to listen to us anymore. All of them are older. The youngest is 16 I think.

* Did you have a funny/fun story from this week?
Yeah, so the other day we were at the Doctulero house and we found a big spider. The fun thing about spiders here is none of them are poisonous so people just play with them all the time. So we put him on our clothes and stuff and scared people with it. :P It was pretty funny. Then a chicken ran over and ate it. haha

* What was a good teaching experience from this week?
Well we taught a lesson last night that I liked. Our two converts are being retaught right now but we are teaching one of their friends with them now too. We taught about Adam and Eve but what I liked about it was how much we are getting their friend to think. She is a pretty hard born-again but she is starting to think about our message. I just really liked it. I don't know why. Her name is Gemalyn. We call her Gem though.

* What do you do on P-Day?
It depends on the P-Day. We buy all our grocery for the week and if we have time we play basketball. and email. Once a transfer we have a zone activity and that was last week. We had a letchon pig and played a bunch of sports. It was way fun.

* Have you been sight-seeing at all?
Not really. I mean I walk along the beach almost every day but I don't know if that counts. I've seen a lot of what there is but we don't really do anything like that. Also because our area is so far away we go to our area an hour early so we can still teach everyone we need to.


No comments:

Post a Comment