Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Come and Gone

Monday, December 15, 2014

Dear Everyone,

I only say that Christmas has come and gone because for us missionaries it kind of has. haha We had our Christmas conference this past Thursday but I'll explain it later. :)

To start, last Monday was pretty good. We taught Edric and Brother Pepito. Brother Pepito is doing so well. He has not smoked in a long time now and he is going with the branch to the temple this weekend. Super excited for him.

Tuesday was another good day. We had a bunch of great lessons. Brother Devera is still doing alright but he's kinda stopped progressing on his smoking. He only smokes about 6 times a day now but he can't seem to go past that. If you have any ideas that would be awesome.

Wednesday was a little less productive but we did meet a drunk guy who almost got hit by a bus. It was kinda interesting. We were waiting to meet a referral (who actually lived way far away from where we were waiting. Go figure.) and then this super drunk guy crosses the street when a Partas bus almost hits him. We were trying hard not to laugh because it's not funny he almost died. But it was kinda funny. He didn't die so it's all good. But that was the most interesting thing that happened that day.

Thursday was our Christmas Party. We went to San Fernando for the whole day. It was awesome. That morning we had some trainings and I had to give one as well.. yay.. It was alright but after that we all ate great food and we got to watch "How to train your Dragon 2." I was super excited. I really miss movies just saying. But it was a good movie and a good day with all the missionaries. :)

Friday was not so good. Elder Cabase is actually allergic to chicken. Go figure. We eat that almost every day. He had some pretty bad rashes so we just chilled out the whole day and let him rest. He's fine now so no worries.

Saturday was a pretty good day just a lot of walking. Nothing super special happened though.

Sunday was a great day full of the spirit. I taught a super awesome lesson. haha I don't know if it was that awesome but I really liked it. We were teaching a 31 year old single mom with three kids. Her name is Liberty. She has a bit of a hard life and very little to do with God. But she lives right next to one of our members. Her kids want to get baptized but we don't want to baptize them unless she joins them. I liked the lesson because it was about Joseph Smith and it was the first time she accepted a commitment and it seemed like she wanted to. I don't know. The spirit was just super strong in the lesson. We also went to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was pretty good as well.

Wow this was a long letter. I think that means I'm done. Thank you all for the support, love and prayers. I feel it every day. mahal kita!!!

Elder Christensen


Questions from a Separate Email

* The big typhoon made landfall last Monday (probably after you emailed). Did it affect you in anyway?

Not even a little bit. No rain. Nothing.

* Have you received any Christmas packages this year?

Yes! I got the one from GnG Dennis. There was toffee inside and it was awesome. It's all gone now but it was awesome. :) Let them know how much I appreciate their support. I haven't opened the present yet because it's not Christmas but I'm excited. :)

* Are you going to get transferred this week?

I don't know.. isn't that great... I should find out today but the way it's been working lately they might let me know the night before...

* How is your health--in great details?.... (Don't worry. I'm not panicking. I just want to know.)

I'm fine. I'm running a little low on chest medicine so I might need some more of that soon. I get headaches most Sundays but that was happening while I was at home so that's normal. I had a cold last week but it's gone now. I'm now sure what else to say. I take 2 shower's a day now. I'm fine really.

* How are things going with Karen Joy? Does she have access to the scriptures?

We are having a hard time there but I think I'm just going to go buy a flash drive and download them for her because she can listen to them that way.

* When did you feel the Savior's love?

When I teach people the gospel. haha I don't know. I feel the love he feels for them every time I share it with them. Yesterday again we taught Brother Mark about the Atonement and I shared with him a lot of what I shared with you when you asked about the atonement a while back. I really felt his love there.

* Is there a unique food that you've had recently?

Well I ate some pig’s blood the other day but I've been doing that for a while. We also each a lot of chicken intestines.. :P They taste really good. oh I had some balut (not sure how to spell it but it's the duck egg thing with a chick inside) the other day to. Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment