Monday, July 6, 2015

Coming to an End

July 6, 2015

Dear Everyone,

This past week has been... interesting and hard…  So it started last Monday I sprained my ankle playing basketball. It was a pretty bad sprain. My ankle got big and turned purple. :/ I think the worst part about it was that it ended p-day for me and my companion. So we just hang out at the house the whole day. It was lame.

Tuesday, we went to the hospital to get my ankle checked. We got my foot x-rayed and the doctor told me it was just a sprain. But we still didn't work the rest of that day because I needed to keep my weight off my foot so it would get better faster. Another long day of doing nothing.

Wednesday was a little better. We went to a member’s house in the morning and I got some crutches because I was sick of doing nothing. So I was using crutches the rest of the day. The only bad thing about that was that the crutches were a little too small for me so they rubbed my ribcage instead of my arm pits. Then all of my weight was on my wrists so they hurt by the end of the day. haha. But I was still happy to have been able to work. We also had some immunizations that day. We went to one of the chapels and we all got flu shots. yay. ;p haha  I'm just glad that's over with.

Thursday I was on crutches again and we managed to get some lessons taught but not a lot because we had to get on a bus going to San Fernando for MLC [mission leader’s conference]. That all went well.

Friday we had MLC and it went for a long time. We didn't get back to La Trinidad until it was super late. So we didn't get to work.

Saturday we did get to work but it started to rain. We got a little wet. It was still an alright day. It was the first really normal day of the week. We got some good work done.

Sunday was another interesting day because a typhoon made land fall on the other side of the island and it rained super hard. We got drenched on our way to church and then they just had sacrament meeting. No classes because of the bad weather. The bad weather didn't stop us though. :) We went out to work still. We had a pretty good day but we had to go home early because I needed to go down to San Fernando again for a career workshop that we had earlier today. So in the bad weather we went to the bus station and waited for a bus. The worst part about that was I was starting to feel sick. I got a bus but there were no more seats so I sat on a little plastic chair in the middle of the aisle. It was a long ride. I got sick last night to but I think I'll bet better soon. And for my ankle it feels pretty good now and in a few weeks it will be as good as new I'm sure. Just in time for some good times in aspen grove. :D

The other thing is that I'm not going back to La Trinidad. I'm going to spend the last week of my mission in the office. I'm just going to work with the office elders. It's all good.

mahal kita!!!

Elder Christensen

PS I don't know if I will e mail again before i go home so if not I'll see you all soon. :D ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment