Monday, September 30, 2013

Hard Week

Monday, September 30, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

Brian's Zone; Brian's in the back middle
To be honest this week has been super hard. I've noticed a lot of changes over the past few weeks and to be honest a lot of them have been hard to make. First of all I'm learning that I don't know very much about being a missionary. I mean they teach you in the MTC, but there is nothing that can truly prepare you for what is going to happen to you in the mission field. I've been so stressed out. But I know that this is where I’m supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing.

One of the main things I learned this week is that I really need to just sit back and let my companion lead the way. He is really shy, but he knows so much about the gospel. Since he is a convert to the church, he knows a lot about what our investigators are feeling. It's hard to let go of control. But often times that is the only way we can learn to do the things that we need to do.

So on Monday we taught Sister Jennifer and Brother Jericho. They are less-actives in our ward, and we are trying to reactivate them. They know so much about the gospel. The only hard part is that they just don't come to church. We are also starting to teach Sister Iva and her 6 year old daughter Anna. They are very nice to us, and I think that they will progress well. We are also teaching Sister Virginia she is really progressing well, but she is going out of town until November 20. I really hope she keeps reading the Book of Mormon.

Oh, one other thing that happened this week. So, the zone leaders came to our apartment to fix the water heater for us but they ended up flooding our apartment... :P It was pretty funny. Don't worry, none of our stuff got wet. It was just a minor flooding. It was very funny though. We are still giving them a hard time about it. But the good news is we have a hot shower now, and let me tell you that is a blessing and a half. :)

Ok so I know this is a long letter but I have to tell you why this week was so hard. So for most of the week we had a lot of lessons and things planned, but more than half of them fell through. Also the past day I've had a massive head ache. I don't want to complain, but this week has been really tough on both my companion and me. We both have been getting pretty down. I know that this is worth it, though, and that in the end our trials will be but a small moment and the Lord will make my burdens light. I love this gospel. I know it is true. I know that with faith in Jesus Christ my savior and my redeemer and through him all things are possible.

I love you all and I'm sorry for the long letter I hope everything at home is going well.

Mahal Kita!!

Elder Christensen

Separate Email Conversation:

Michelle: Aunt Angie made the comment about your cold showers that Brandon is NEVER cold! [Brandon Christensen is in a nearby mission, Philippines Angeles Mission.] You two are so close and yet so far away!

Brian: It’s sooo true. I mean in Baguio it gets really hot, but it can also get very cold... well cold for the Philippines. :P

Also, tell GnG Bevan I got their package, and I loved it. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D They gave me a lot of snacks and some little All a Dollar games. It was just a little taste of home from Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment