Monday, December 9, 2013

Transfers!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Dear Everyone!!!

Brian in Baguio, December 2, 2013
This week has been super crazy to say the least. At the beginning of the week Elder Jones and I sent Elder Dela Cruz home on a bus. It was way sad. We went and worked that day, but it was weird because he never came home with us... Anyay the rest of the week, to be honest, nothing happened. I mean we walked around Kias an Loacan and just got sent away all day long. It was pretty rough.

On Wednesday we had Transfer Awareness, and I found out that I was staying in my area and that Elder Manning would be my new companion. He is in my batch and he is super funny. I think that we will get along supper well. :) I love talking to him. :) We are both senior because we are in the same batch. He is district leader. [Both Elder Manning and Brian flew to the Philippines together when they left the MTC. They are in the same batch because the came out at the same time.]

Elder Manning is in the Front with Glasses
[Tell us about him.] Well he's a white guy (Utah boy). He is like super nerdy, but I love it. Also he says really random things. He also has a crazy observation with lighting things on fire. He is super spiritual and loves the gospel. He was born in the covenant and grew up a lot like I did. :P so far I haven't found anything that I don't like about him so this should be an awesome transfer. We were both pretty excited.

On Friday Elder Tanner came and picked up Elder Jones. [He] and I and took all of Elder Jones's stuff with us because he got transferred out. I went to Elder Manning's apartment and picked him up, and we just took a taxi back to our apartment. This happened because Elder Manning was already in Baguio zone so we didn't need to go to transfer meeting. Later that night we met our new roommates, Elder Falivai and Elder Guiuo. They are way cool. Elder Falivai is a transfer ahead of me and Elder Manning, but he's way funny. Elder Guiuo is a brand spanking new missionary from the MTC. He is a Filipino, but Elder Falivai is a Tongan from Cali. It's going to be way fun with them in the apartment.

Oh I have more big news this week. On Saturday the 14th we are going to Baptize Sister Elizabeth. I am soooooooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooooooo excited for her. She is the sweetest lady you would ever meet. She had a stroke a while back and is a little deaf. So we would write down the whole lesson for her in the lesson just little statements of truth. I loved teaching her and look forward to teaching her more. :)

Brian Got Clothes-Lined
Well it's about time for me to get off. I love you all and I know that this is a truly holly work that I am doing. I look forward to a time when I can look back and say I did my best out here and I know that the Lord is proud of me. I keep you all in my prayers every night. I know that Gods hand is constantly in all of our lives. Mahal Kita!!!!

Mahal ko Kayo!!!

Elder Christensen



Pictures Taken from Other Weeks

Brian's District before Transfers

Brian's District Before Transfers--Silly Picture
Baguio at Night

Baguio

Baguio

Baguio

Baguio
Picture Drawn by Elder Lamoglia
(Silly Picture above--Elder with Leg Sticking Out)

Picture Drawn by Elder Lamoglia
(Silly Picture above--Elder with Leg Sticking Out)

Picture Drawn by Elder Lamoglia
(Silly Picture above--Elder with Leg Sticking Out)

Picture Drawn by Elder Lamoglia
(Silly Picture above--Elder with Leg Sticking Out)



No comments:

Post a Comment