Monday, February 3, 2014

Six Months Down the Road

Monday, February 3, 2014

Dear Everyone,

Brian in Agoo Area
This past week has been an interesting week for me. My emotions are in all kinds of places. To sum up the past week, I have gone from sad to happy to sad to nervous to just not knowing what to do to everything in between. Haha that probably sounds worse than it is.

On Monday we had a family home evening with a branch member. It was a very fun and spiritual and the food was great, so the week started fun. On Tuesday we had a zone training about finding, teaching, and baptizing people. There were some great workshops, and it really makes me want to work hard in my area.

Wednesday we taught Rujelio Chan, a Chinese Filipino who lives in a huge compound with a very big great gate. He's is super adamant about how the worlds needs world peace but the cool thing about it is that he live in this giant compound with a huge green door. He lives in there because he owns the lumber yard inside, and he won’t come to church because of his work. We are trying to get him to understand the importance of church attendance. He's a really funny guy, but he has a hard time making his priority's straight. We'll keep working with him. The rest of the day we just spent finding and had very little success.

Countryside in Agoo Area
Thursday we went to Fernando again and yet again we were followed by all the children. It makes me laugh when that happens. We had some good lessons but overall nothing super interesting happened.

Friday we visited a family who was really struggling. One of our less actives sisters just passed away and they were having the viewing in their house. This was the part of the week were I just didn't know what to do for them. we left them a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and let them know that we cared. But that's about all we could do. We plan to go back and see how there doing later on this week. The reason why this was so hard for them was because the person who dies was only 35 years old. The family name is Gracious.

We had some good lessons on Saturday with our new branch mission leader. He was just called this last Sunday, and it amazed me how much things changed. We had MCM (Missionary Correlation Meeting) for the first time since I got here, and we had a member work with us. I was very impressed with the way he has stepped up to the responsibility. that was a good day.

Sunday I was fasting all day, and it was really hard because they had a lot of food after church because of Young Women's New beginnings which everyone in the branch attended. I was a little surprised when everyone went but it was a nice meeting. That night we taught a lesson to an investigator who won’t listen to anything I say but she will listen to my companion... It was a very interesting lesson to say the least. I think she just doesn't like listening to my accent... it was weird to say the least.

Well that's all for this week. I love you all and hope everything at home is going great. I pray for you every day. :) Mahal Kita!!!

Elder Christensen


Questions from Separate Emails:

Where is Elder Gison from?
elu elu or ilu ilu I'm not sure how it's spelled.

How long has he been on his mission?
Since October

What do you like about your companion?
He is a hard worker and when we get out to work. He loves the Lord we get along pretty well but to be honest we are both kinda quiet but it's fine for both of us that way. He's also a really good cook so I've kinda handed the cooking over to him and just try and learn from what he does. haha

Are there other elders in your apartment?
There are other Elders in the apartment, but they keep to themselves. Everyone in the apartment is just quiet. They just do their own thing. Elder Harris and Elder Bustimanta... I don't know how to spell that either... but I like them too.


No comments:

Post a Comment