Monday, January 27, 2014

Work! Work! Work!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Dear Everyone,

This past week has been a pretty normal week to be honest. I'm settling into the new apartment and getting to know everyone in it pretty well. I'm starting to get used to all the new stuff in my new area, but all in all we just worked all week worked some more. :)

Elder Gison, Brian's Companion
On Monday we had a good time with the zone leaders and played basketball for a while. Later that night I made some dinner. I thought it was good, but my companion didn't think so. I think I'm going to have to practice my cooking skills some more haha.

On Tuesday we had district meeting, and I was laughing a little bit when it was all in Tagalog because in Baguio everything we did was in English but it was still a really good lesson I enjoyed it. We also managed to teach two lessons that night to a less active and to an investigator. It was a pretty good day.

[Michelle: How is Tagalog coming now you are speaking it all the time?] It still feels like I don't know hardly any, but I'm reminded every day about just how far I've come. I understand more than I can speak. I get most of what is said to me, but sometimes I still get a little lost. All and all I can say whatever I want sometimes. It just sounds a little funny.

Wednesday was pretty long as far as walking goes. We walked a lot because we did a lot of tracting on that day. We managed to give out a good number of pamphlets and still got all the other things we needed to as well.

Countryside in Brian's Area
Thursday was the fun day. :) We went to Fernando and that's were all the crazy stuff is. I mean just farms and more farms. They have a lot of tobacco farms here which is a little sad, but the people are supper humble and sweet. There was one point when we were teaching this old woman, and we literally had 9 little kids sitting in with us that followed us around all day. It was really funny. It was a good lesson. But it's all good.

Friday we just went finding some more. We had two lessons, and they were pretty good but it was a lot of walking again.

Saturday we only managed to get one lesson with a less active because everyone was busy. It was a hard day but we managed get through it.

Sunday was good. The worked picked up and we had 5 lessons that night. I loved going from one lesson to the next but it really wears you out when that happens. We were consistently teaching. It all just blended together but it was still a great day. It was also way nice to partake of the sacrament. I always feel so much better after that.

Well that's all for now. I love you all and hope everything is going well. Mahal Kita

Elder Christensen


Information about Brian’s Area from a Separate Email

More Countryside in Agoo Area
* How big is your area?
It's pretty big. We have to split it up into areas we want to go to in a day. We can't do it all in one day. There's one area called Fernando, and it's all just straight farms. I think that's pretty cool

* Are you right in Agoo?
I'm just outside of Agoo. We have our own branch building in Tubao, and that's right in the middle of our area. Ish. The boundary line is the highway. We are on the side with the chapel. The other missionaries have the other side.

* Will you give me your address? Then I can look it up on Google Maps. :D
I don't really have one just Dimortis, Fernando, Tubao. these are just little Brangays so i hope that helps.

* Are you in a rural area or a city?
Rural to the max. I mean farms and stuff all over the place.

* Does your area go clear to the coast?
There are parts of it that do. Not all of it. Most of that is in the other missionaries area.

No comments:

Post a Comment