Monday, April 7, 2014

Exchanges Out the Wazoo :D

Monday, April 7, 2014

Dear Everyone,

This past week has been pretty busy to say the least, but I'm still loving it out here. It's been sooooooooooo hot, like I have never sweat so much in my life. It’s crazy how hot it is, but I'm still loving every minute I spend here. It’s summer time here in the Philippines. Rainy season starts June usually but we will see what happens.

Tatay Juan Garcia and Brian
(The member who hikes over the mountain to get to church.)
So to start, on Monday night we had a dinner with one of our less actives and they were super sweet. It's a family of 4 RM's, but sadly only one of them is active still and he doesn't live at home. The Calison family is awesome they just have had some problems. It was still a great lesson about the atonement, and they felt that spirit. I hope they are well.

Tuesday we visited some less-actives and taught some investigators some good lessons. We were working with one of the members, Julius. He's really fun to work with. He just feels like another elder working with us. When we teach we can ask him to do just about anything. haha :)

Wednesday I went on exchanges with some of the elders in my district. I went to their area in Tubau and we had a great time. We taught 5 lessons and had a member with us pretty much the whole time. Funny thing about it though is we had to cross a river. There wasn't a bridge so all they had was rocks but the river was pretty big. I slipped and stepped in the river up to my mid-calf. It was funny to walk with one wet foot and one dry. It dried out really fast though because it was really hot that day. We had to cross again but that time we just took a little bamboo plank thing. It was pretty funny.

Thursday, we worked pretty hard and found some less-actives and taught some good lessons to some investigators. We also found Chaz Buskas, a less active, and he wanted to talk to us the next day but we had a good lesson that day.

Friday we went back to Chaz, and he told us that he really wants to come back to church. He just isn't sure where to start. We taught him about faith and he liked that but that's about all. It was a very spirit-filled lesson and I love every minute of it. I loved that lesson i'm just a little sad that I'm going to be leaving my area now. :( but I know that this is all in the hands of the lord so he will be fine and so will I. :)

Also that night we got a call from the zone leaders telling us that we had a two day exchange starting on Saturday and ending on Monday we were very confused.

Saturday, we had 4 baptismal interviews to do because my district is on fire right now. :) The interviews were really good and then we started exchanges with the zone leaders at about 4 and I was with Elder Hernandez yet again. haha. It was great to work with him again. I also figured out what the exchanges were for. They are moving the zone leaders’ area to my area and we are switching areas. They want me to know the area at least a little before the change. But it's all good. I'll miss my area but I'll work hard in this new one as well. :) Anyway we got to ride bikes. Yes, in their area we ride bikes around. It was a lot of fun to ride a bike again, and I'm excited to use them next week as well.

Sunday I went to church in Agoo, and I met the ward and got to know the people I would be working with. I'm really going to need their help this next week because I'll be opening the area again. Also Elder Ramos finished his mission on Sunday and we put him on a bus to San Fernando for his final interview and release. It was sad but sweet for him all at the same time. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when that happens but I think that will just happen when it happens. :P

Well that's all for now. Love you all tons. mahal na mahal kita palagi. ingat sa daan ninyo sa buhay ninyo. :)

Elder Christensen


Questions form a separate email:

* How are you enjoying the food? Are you getting enough to eat or are you losing weight?
I love the food here. I've made a lot of comments about how fat I'm getting. haha The members are contently feeding us whenever we go there... The Investigators feed us too actually. haha I don't even know what to do with myself. Don't worry about me not eating enough. Really I have a lot to eat every day. haha

* Did you get Grandma Bevan's birthday package?
Yes I did, and it was awesome.  I love their packages. They just have Grandma Bevan written all over them by what's inside. It always puts a smile on my face. :) :) :) :) :)

* Did you get Grandma Christensen's birthday package?
I have not. I have gotten yours and Bevans but no one else's. So I'll keep my eyes open. :)

* What did you think of the packages if you got them?
Well they were pretty much the best thing's every I love packages even if they make me miss home just a little. :P

* Can you share something that you learned from your studies?
Lately I've been reading a lot from the Book of Mormon, and one of my favorite scriptures is in Mosiah 24:9-16. It's all about when Alma and his people were under some pretty bad conditions that they couldn't even pray aloud. They had some pretty heavy tasks and were pretty oppressed. I love in verse 15 when it talks about how God didn't take their burdens away but rather made them lighter so that they could bear them and smile through the pain. I love that because it works so well in to our lives. Sometimes when we pray we ask the lord to take away the pain or the trial but rather than doing that he shapes your shoulders to bear the burden. He teaches you how to grow from it rather than just take it away. The Lord truly knows what is best for us in our lives and with him at the lead we cannot fail. That was one thing that I really liked this past week. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment