Monday, May 26, 2014

Transfers ... Almost

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Dear Everyone,

This past week has been a little crazy as you all already know. I was pretty sick but we managed to work it out. I'm feeling a lot better but I'm not quite 100% just yet. But we'll get there. So funny thing about this past week is that I got transferred but I haven't left Agoo yet because I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow here. haha palpak. I will be transferred sometime this week. I'm going to Candon Zone which is at the top of the mission. They speak mostly just Ilocano up there, so I'm going to have to pick that up or no one will understand me. haha.

So to start nothing really happened this past week until Thursday when I went to San Fernando because President Balledos called and asked us to come. We were very confused when we got the call but we went. It turns out my mother was worried about me and we needed to call home to make sure she knew I was all right. :P It was sweet talking to home again but that was the whole reason we went to San Fernando. After that we went back to our apartment. haha.

The rest of the week we only managed to work a little bit because I was feeling a little sick and needed to take a rest for a while. But again I'm feeling a lot better now so don't worry about me. I'm going to be fine. :)

[Anyway]  I have had to take some days rest and that was really hard for the area but I feel that it will progress quickly once we get missionaries working in it again. We have been struggling the most with getting our investigators to come to church. We hope that they can find it within themselves to make the effort because we understand that it has to come from them or they will just be less active later on.

Well that's it for this week thanks for everything. :) Mahal na mahal kita

My studies this week have been a little bit in the Book of Mormon in Ether when the brother of Jared is building the barges. I love the part where the Lord asks him what HE is going to do in order for the Lord to provide light inside the ships while they cross the ocean. The responsibility to act is on our shoulders meaning that if we do not do our part to find a way the Lord cannot help us further his work and he will find another way. If we want to be a servant of the Lord we must come up with our own plan then ask if it is a good plan and then the Lord will bless us with success. trah

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment