Monday, March 16, 2015

Birthday, Manila, and Transfers

Surprise Birthday Party
Monday, March 16, 2015

Dear everyone,

This week has been the longest week of my mission. It feels like it's been a month since I last emailed so much has happened.

To start last Monday night we had an FHE planned with sister Flory aka Mommy. We thought it was going to be small. Just us with her husband and daughter... It was not small. It was half the branch at our house because we share it with Sister Flory. It actually turned out to be my birthday party that they planned behind my back. haha It was a ton of fun though and I'm very thankful that it happened. You can see what happened by the pictures. It was pretty crazy. [See a lot more pictures at the end of this entry.]

Some of Brian's Favorite Investigators
Tuesday was my last day in Naguilian and we just worked hard the whole day. I said some goodbyes and then we had another small FHE with Pepito family. They were super sweet and it was sad to say goodbye but that was the end for me in Naguilian.

Wednesday morning I was packed and I got on a Partas bus going to Baguio because I am in La Trinidad. It’s not technically part of Baguio but it's so close we count it as such and it is cold here. haha I took an ice shower the first morning because the heater was broken and it was cold. But it was a good experience. We fixed the heater now. :) When I got to my new area we just went to work and it was good. Oh and so I don't forget HAPPY BIRTH DAY ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!! I remembered the whole day. ;)

Brian's New Companion, Elder Pandi
Thursday was the only really normal day of the whole week. I got to know my companion a little better. His name is Elder Pandi. He is from Manila and is 26 years old. He’s an interesting guy to say the least but I like working with him. To be honest being a zone leader is not all that different than being a district leader. The only difference is that your companion has to help you because he is also a zone leader. :P I like that.

Friday was my birthday. I am now legal... in the states. I've been legal since I got to the Philippines because here it's legal to drink and smoke when your 18... but that's beside the point. :P Friday was interesting that night. Nothing crazy happened in the day but that night I did not get any sleep. The reason is I, along with 4 other Elders had to get on a bus at 2:00 AM going to Manila. They needed us to go get our finger prints done so that when it comes time to leave the Philippines I can. :P It was a very long night, and I had no sleep for almost 40 hours.

Back in the Mountains Again
Saturday we got to Manila around 8:30 AM and we just stayed at the MTC for a while doing paper work. It was fun to see so many missionaries from so many different missions because there were tons. We had 60 from our mission and then there were a ton from all the other missions too. It was crazy but they got us all taken care of. On our way back we stopped at Subway because they have one in Manila and it was awesome. :P Then we had another super long bus ride back. Yuck. haha

Sunday was a good day. I met the ward members and that was nice. Nothing super crazy happened on Sunday though. I was just super, super tired. :) But it's all good. I got this. Well that's all for this week. I love you all a ton and hope you are all doing well. Oh and one more thing. I just want to give a BIG CONGRATS TO MY BIG SISTER ON HER ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!!! yan lang. :P

Mahal kita!!!

Elder Christensen


From a Separate Email


* What did you think of Katie’s announcement?

I'm still trying to process it. :P It's way cool but I'm still waiting to meet the man in person. haha. I'm excited though because the only thing I need to know it that it's in the temple and that makes him a good guy. haha but I still want to me him before he marries my sister. :P




* [Comment Brian sent back in response to this picture of Adam's "test" for Wesley, Katie's fiance'.

hahahahahahahahaha I'm so sad that couldn't come and have my own arsenal for him haha. That's awesome. That puts my mind at ease knowing that he is passing all of your tests for him. :P


* How big is your zone?

Well we have two chapels, but it's not super big. It's just super densely populated.

* What cities are included in the zone?

La Trinidad is the biggest then Gesad. But I don't think Gesad is a city, nor do I think I spelled it right. :P


Excerpt from Letter to President Balledos

For my personal study this past week I was reading in Ether 12. I was impressed with how much it relates to Hebrews chapter 11. I marked every time it said the word faith. Time and time again it gives examples of what can be accomplished by our faith. And in every example I was coming to the same conclusion that if we want a miracle in our life we need faith. But more, we need faith without doubt because the minute we doubt our faith that is the moment we need it the most. I hope that I can develop this kind of faith without doubt so that I can bring miracles into my life and the life of those around me.

More Pictures


Karen Joy, Reading her Braille Book

Saying Goodbye to Some Favorite Investigators

More Pictures from the Birthday Party

Surprise Birthday Party

Brian; Next to Brian is Sister Flory "Mommy"


Birthday Packages from Home

Sister Flory Smeared Cake on Brian

Surprise Birthday Party

Surprise Birthday Party

Surprise Birthday Party

Surprise Birthday Party

The Young Women, including Sister Flory's Daughter




No comments:

Post a Comment