Monday, May 25, 2015

And Another Week Bites the Dust

Monday, May 25, 2015

Dear Everyone,

This past week has been busy. kinda like every other week I have as a zone leader. :P I think it’s funny to notice that I've gone down to San Fernando once a week for the past 3 weeks. But don't worry. I'm not going back down this week but I will next week again. :P haha

So to start last Monday was a little crazy because we had to move out the Elders in Quezon Hill apartment and clean everything there. I kinda felt like I was our working with dad at the duplexes again. :P haha We got it all done for the most part. All we have left to do is move a fridge to another apartment. But that's about it.

Tuesday was a good day. We went to work and got some good work done. We met one of our recent convert’s father-in-laws and had a really interesting first lesson with him in the which we taught most of The Restoration. He said he had a lot to think about. It was interesting.

Wednesday we went back down to San Fernando for a follow up meeting about the mission tour. It was really good and we went over some new goals. Our mission’s standards all just doubled. :) They are really focusing on getting us to talk to as many people as possible in a day. The goal is 30 people that we testify to about some part of our message in a day. It's actually really cool and I've met a ton of really cool people.

Thursday was one of the best days of the week. We just kept teaching straight lessons to everyone we planned for. That never happens. :D haha. It was good.

Friday was another good day of teaching with a lot of good times but nothing out of the ordinary or strange.

Saturday was a bit of a hard but good day. We were struggling to find and teach. We finally found one to let us in and he happened to be a Muslim Chaplin for the army. I can honestly say after our 2 hour discussion with him I understand Muslim's a lot better than I did before. He was pretty smart. Really interesting experience.

Sunday was Stake conference so we went to Legarda for church. It was fun but we were late because the traffic in La Trinidad is crazy bad right now. We were in a jeep for over an hour. :(  But it's all good. We made it and it was a good meeting.

Well that's all for now. ingat po kayo lahat at mahal ko kayo din.

Elder Christensen

Part of Brian’s Letter to His Mission President

As for my studies the past week I have been reading from 1 Corinthians I really liked when Paul taught again the principle that we are not our own but rather temples of God because the Holly Ghost dwells in us. as Paul puts it "ye are bought with a price" and I believe that is true. our sins have already been payed for we are left to ourselves to decide if we accept that and follow the commandments that come with it. It reminds me of my need for the spirit in everything I do as a missionary because without it I can no teach or do anything in this work. I know that to be true and hope to urgently teach that principle to my zone as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment