Monday, June 1, 2015

Exchanges and So Forth

Monday, June 01, 2015

Dear Everyone,

This past week was a good one. I'm noticing that the days are always long but the weeks are very short. haha I guess that's how life works sometimes.

For Monday we had a good night. We taught some good lessons and one of our investigators is doing very well. I hope things progress with them.

Tuesday we had a zone training which actually went very well. I gave a workshop about the need for urgency in our mission so we need to talk to everyone we see. And if we have to, run from appointment to appointment. :P I also went on exchanges with Elder Schaler that day. We had a good day and I helped get talking to some more people. It was also nice to talk to an American again for a little while. :)

Wednesday we had another exchange but this time I was in my area with Elder Garson. We had a good time and taught a lot of lessons. But nothing extra ordinary happened. But the spirit was felt that day for sure.

Thursday I was back with Elder Bayot again and it was a good thing because the sisters in our ward had a break down. So we had to go over to their apartment with the STL's [sister training leaders] and figure out what was going on. It was interesting but nothing too bad. We got it worked out. The only hard part was that it killed our day for lessons. :/ But we made it work.

Friday was another good day of work uninterrupted. :P haha That seems to happen a lot to the Zone Leaders. We always have some problem that we need to fix and it cuts into our time for work. But all in all it was a good day.

Saturday was another one of the interruption days. We had to go to Quezon Hill apartment to move the refrigerator because we closed that apartment and moved all the stuff to another apartment for storage. The other hard thing was that none of the people we planned to teach that day were available. So we went and found new people instead. :P haha It worked out ok because we still found a few good new investigators.

Sunday was another good day. We found some new investigators and extended an IBD. :) I just hope it sticks. I think it will be good. But I'm still not 100% sure I'll be in La Trinidad after transfers this week... We will see what President wants to do. Well that's all for now. mahal kita!!!

Elder Christensen


Part of Letter to President Balledos

As for my Studies that past week I have been reading from the Joseph Smith manual and trying to apply those teachings as well as my reading from 1 Corinthians. I just read again about the Priesthood and really liked how it is described as being a body, meaning that each office in the priesthood is only a part of the whole and we should only desire to fulfill our purpose as an appendage to the whole. Just like a hand is a necessary part of the body even though it is not the head. I hope to apply that in my work, meaning to do my part to help the whole body (mission) be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment