Monday, June 16, 2014

Another Week Gone By

Monday, June 16, 2014

Dear Everyone,

This past week has flown by. I don't know where all the time goes. But a lot has happened. First I kinda already told all of you about Monday [last week’s Monday in last week’s email], so I'll just go straight to Tuesday. So on Tuesday we had exchanges with some of the Elders in my district. Elder Dodd went with me to my area. We had a crazy day because we were in such a rush to get from one appointment to the other. We taught some new [lessons to] the Raras family again. They are still super receptive to our message. Every time we teach there, they are just so ready to hear what we have to say. I'm really excited for them.

Wednesday was fun because we had a tri-zone conference with President Balledos. It was super fun to see all the missionaries from the other zones and to learn from all the workshops. It was a really good meeting. It was just hard because we didn't get to work in our area too much that day. :( But it's all good.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Nothing crazy happened but we taught some good lessons and worked hard. Friday on the other hand was about the same; we just taught a ton more lessons. I was super excited. We taught 7 lessons that day and they were all awesome. I have been so impressed with how much the Lord blesses us with ways to accomplish our goals and tasks that he gives us.

Saturday we had stake conference which was good. It was mostly in Ilocano so I didn't understand about half of what was said but it was nice to be there. But that's all that really happened.

Sunday we had a broadcast from Salt Lake for stake conference so we got to listen to Elder Quentin L. Cook. It was a great meeting. One of my favorite things that he taught is that we cannot live off of borrowed light forever. He was making reference to the three degrees of glory and how the moon or Terrestrial Kingdom gets it's light from the Sun or the Celestial Kingdom. He said that those who go to the Terrestrial Kingdom are those who are not valiant in their testimony, meaning they are borrowing their light from the sun. But they can’t go their because you can't live off borrowed light forever.

This past week I have been studying different ways we feel the Spirit. I made a list of feelings I have experienced and ways I have heard it described to me. The spirit feels light, fluffy, a burning in the bosom. Sometimes you just know something is true because of the Spirit. The Sspirit is a comforter. He brings perfect love into our hearts. In Moroni 8:26 it states that "...the Holy Ghost, which comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer..." so if we pray we will have the spirit and be filled with hope and perfect love. I want my investigators to understand that prayer is more than just words. It is a way we can invite the Holy Ghost into our lives.

Well this is a very long letter I think that's it through. mahal kita.

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment