Monday, April 27, 2015

Transfers and Another Service Project

"I've Got a Jack Hammer!"
Monday, April 27, 2015

Dear everyone,

This past week has been another super busy week. Last Monday we had some great lessons to start the week. I was pretty excited.

Tuesday was another good day of teaching as well. We had district meeting that morning. I gave out the zone t-shirts that we had done. They were actually really cool. Oh and if you want to make your own shirt, the Philippines is where it's at. There are so many places here that can print shirts for you. :) But that's that.

Wednesday was transfers and it was a long day. We went to the bus stop at about 9:00 to help get the departing missionaries on their way but we didn't want to go all the way back to La Trinidad because it's far and expensive so we just stayed at the bus stop the whole day... It was so long. My companion didn't show up until 5:00 PM... but it's all good because it's over :P My new companion is Elder Bayot. He is super cool. He's 21 just like me and he's actually my batch mate. He goes home a transfer after me because he's a Filipino and didn't spend as much time in the MTC but it's still really fun to be working with him.

Elder Tuway (left), Sister Mustaq, Elder Bayot (Brian's Comp)
Thursday was pretty good. We got some good lessons done but nothing super special happened. Friday was just like Thursday. Nothing to special happened.

Saturday was good though. We had another Service project. Or rather we did the same one again. ;P It was a lot of fun to go and demolish more of a building. They let me use the jackhammer again and it was a blast. :) I’m a little sore though.

Sunday was a wet day. I think rainy season is starting up again which means for Baguio every day it's going to rain a ton. :P But it's going to be awesome getting wet again. :P But other than the rain it was pretty good. We taught some good lessons and I introduced some new members to Elder Bayot. Stuff like that.

Well that's all for now. ingat kayo at mahal ko kayong lahat!!!

Elder Christensen

Questions from a Separate Email

Tell us more about La Trinadad?

La Trinidad is the strawberry capital of the Philippines mainly because they can't grow them anywhere else. :P The people here are very busy because it's a city. There is also Benguet State University here where a lot of kids go to school. It also happens to be the capital of Benguet Province. Go figure. I like it here. It's interesting and really cold in comparison to Utah. The people are nice but really busy.

What was a good teaching experience you had this week?

Well I had a good lesson at the beginning of this week. We taught Brothor Ador again. He's actually a Pentecostal pastor which is interesting but we get along fine and he really likes to listen. Our lesson when pretty well with him and we discussed our purpose here on earth. He liked it.

What was a time when you felt the Savior's love this week?

I can't think of any specific thing that happened where I felt his love but in the past few weeks I've felt his support because I've been so tired that sometimes I don't know if I can keep going. But somehow every time I get out of bed and I make it all the way to the end of the day. haha I know that he's helping me there.


Elder Macasaet, Sister Barboza and Sister Mustaq (She's from Pakistan)

Old School that Needs Demolished

Old School that Needs Demolished

At Service Project; Front: Sister Smith who was Just
Released 

Brother Alnie Garumbas, 2nd Counselor

It Took Three Guys to Manage the Jack Hammer



No comments:

Post a Comment