Saturday, August 10, 2013

It's P-Day, Second Week

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Dear family,

kamusta po Kiyo?

I am having such a great time here at the MTC. My Kasamsa is pretty cool even if we have a hard time opening up to one another. We play basketball all the time, and one of the things I've noticed is that everyone at the MTC is pretty good. I think that makes it way more fun though. I am so grateful to be here each day. I just keep wondering how I got so lucky to have the opportunity to serve God and not have to worry about anything other than that. Each day brings something new and exciting. I mean we had an investigator last week, and it turns out that he is actually our second teacher for Tagalog. It's so exciting.

Just as an update on how the language is coming I can now pray on my own completely in Tagalog. I can also bear a simple testimony. It is so exciting to learn new things about Tagalog every day. I mean we are now learning how to put together sentences and conjugate verbs. It's really cool how that works. I never realized how hard English is until I started to learning Tagalog. While I'm not used to saying the verb at the beginning of my sentences it does make a lot more sense to just take a root word and change it to make it past, present, or future tense. Anyway that's enough about the language.

I mentioned before that I'm the district leader for my district. I never realized how much that really entails until I had to start leading discussions and making assignments. It's really hard to make sure that everyone gets the same amount of opportunity's to serve. However I know that I have been called to serve the Lord and that he truly qualifies me for the work that I am doing here. If I didn't have the support from the Lord each day I don't think I would be able to continue to progress as rapidly or successfully as I have been. Luckily that isn't the case. The Lord is with me, and he will always be there to lift me up when I don't know what to do. There is a quote by President Gordan B. Hinkly that says "when life gets too hard to stand, kneel." I don't think I have ever taken those words to heart more than I have here. I pray all the time for guidance and strength because I know that I need it.

Mahal po ako lhat.

Elder Christensen


Brian and Sam Pointing to Their Missions

Brian and his cousin, Sam Clark



Snail Mail Letter from Brian

August 12, 2013

Dear Family,

I just wanted to let you know how things are going here in the MTC. To say the least, I feel like things are always going faster. Yesterday was a big day. We had four districts preparing to leave the MTC. Now two of them are gone and the rest leave this afternoon. It’s crazy to think that will be us in four weeks.

I also think I should let you know that I was released as district leader yesterday. I was somewhat sad and relieved when that happened. But then my companion and I were called to be the new zone leaders. How crazy is that?!? I hope I can fulfill this call with all diligence. I am excited to serve the Lord in whatever capacity he wants me to. I also know that the Lord qualifies us for the work. If I can live worthy of the spirit daily, I will be just fine.

I love you all. I hope everything is going well at home.

Mahal Po Lahat!

Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment