Saturday, August 17, 2013

Tagalog is Hard! but Fun :)

Dear family,

I must say that learning Tagalog is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. If I didn't know any better, I don't know if I could do it. However I know that through God all things are possible.

This past week has been crazy. It all started when my Kasama and I were called into and unexpected interview with a member of the branch presidency. We were called to be the new zone leaders. I couldn't believe it. We have only been here for 2 weeks, and they already made us zone leaders. Well it truly goes to show that you never know what is going to happen to you when you are on your mission.

On Tuesday of this week we went to a devotional that was broadcast to all the MTC in the world. Elder Scott talked to us. He gave such a great talk. Tthe spirit was so strong in the room. I don't even know if I could put it into words.

On Wednesday we got 24 new missionaries into our zone. It was fun to take them out and show them around the MTC. They all seem really nice and excited to learn. It's fun not being the new missionary any more.

The rest of the week was hard though. Tt was as if our whole district just hit a wall. We all forgot a lot of the language and couldn't learn any more. It was a very humbling experience because we had to rely on the Lord to move us past it, or at least I know I did.

Well that's what happened this week. :)

I love you all.


Elder Christensen


Answers to Questions We Asked Brian in a Separate Email

Is your companion going to the Baguio Mission, too?
My companion is not going to Baguio with me. He is going to Urdaneta. All the missionaries in my district are going to Urdenata. Some of the missionaries in the zone are going to Quezon City. Some are going to San Pablo. I'm the only one in the whole zone who's going to the Baguio mission.

How do you get the mail?
The district leader picks up the mail 2 times a day. Once right after lunch and again right after dinner. I can get it right after that though. :)

Did you get the personal monogrammed towels? (A gift from the mother of a one of Michelle’s friends)
I did get the towels and they are awesome. I think they are thin enough to go to the Philippines with me.

Have you been getting packages from us and grandma?
I have been getting packages from both of you and it has been awesome. I looooooovvvvvvvveeeee the [homemade] toffee you sent me. :) ;) :) :P :P :) :) :D  I got the Sobe, and it was in perfect condition. :)  Yes I got my debit card and the scriptures and love them both.

I also got the SD card reader and I'm sending pictures!!


Brian's District, August 4, 2013


Elder Arrington, Brian's Companion, August 4, 2013
Elders in Brian's District

Add caption



Sisters in Brian's District


No comments:

Post a Comment