Monday, March 10, 2014

Trainings Everywhere

Monday, March 10, 2014

Dear Everyone,

This past week has been pretty awesome not going to lie. I feel the spirit so much in my life right now I just hope that I can keep this up the rest of my mission. :) I have loved the hard times and the easy times this past week, but for the most part we just had a lot of training's in San Fernando.

Monday we had a FHE with some of the member in the branch because they wanted to get to know my new companion. We played some games and taught a really good lesson with them. It was a fun night.

On Tuesday we went to my first district meeting this transfer, and I gave a workshop on prayer. I think it went ok but it could have been better. But it's all good because I get to give more over the next few weeks. :P  e went finding later and found some potential investigators. We’ll see what happens there. :)

Wednesday we walked everywhere but we did get a really awesome investigator out of it. At the end of the day we met Archey... I forgot his last name but he is really interested. When we taught him again last night he said that he agrees with everything we have been teaching him about prophets and the apostasy. We are going to finish the first lesson with him on Wednesday and give him an IBD. [I think that means an invitation for a baptism date. yay. :)

Brian's Companion with Stray Cat and Kittens
Thursday I went to San Fernando for MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference) with President Balledos and all the other DL's in the mission. It was so much fun to see all the other missionaries and the training were great. I learned so much and I look forward to using it in my district. It’s going to be awesome. We got home super late though. It took a really long time to get a bus from Agoo to Nagamitan, which is where our apartment is. It was a good experience though.

Friday I had to go back to San Fernando this time with Elder Arzadon for the new missionary training. It was a great meeting too, and we had some great workshops as well. I loved it. We did manage to get back to our area in time to work this time, though. We did some finding and Elder Arzadon had a bout of home sickness but we made it through that. He is doing fine now. But that was about it for Friday.

Saturday we worked with President Lazeste, our Branch President, and went to Fernando and found some less actives that haven't been to church in years. It is so exciting to start getting the members to work with us. I think there will be a lot of great things coming out of that area.

Sunday was awesome. We went to Fernando again with President and found some more less actives. It was really cool because one of them said that she knew we would be coming that day because she had a wierd feeling the night before. I would like to think that was the Spirit but we will go back and I hope they will get active again. :) Also later that day we went to a less active family, the Baloran family, because sister Baloran was in the hospital because she had pneumonia but was home then. We taught them a lesson about making weak things become strong and after the lesson they asked me to give sister a blessing. So we got the oil out and I gave her one in really broken Tagalog because they wouldn’t understand it in English. The spirit was strong and the message was understood. It was a sweat experience.


Well that's all for now. Mahal kita, at alam ko po na totoo ang simbahan ito. alam ko po na mahalaga ang pagtrabaho ng mga missionaro. ingat po.

Elder Christensen

Questions from a Separate Email

Did you get a package from Bevans?  Did you get your birthday package from us?
Yes I got both of them on Thursday. :)

* What spiritual experience can you tell us about this week?
We are starting to work with our branch a lot more and it is amazing to see the progression in the work when we work with the members. [Then he again recited the story about giving the blessing in Tagalog.]

* What funny/fun experience can you tell us about this week?
Well we were on our way home one night and well this drunk guy called us out and wanted us to teach him. All he really wanted was to tell us about how we were wrong. It was funny because he was so drunk he couldn't really do it very well. So we just smiled for a little while until he left us alone. It was pretty funny.

Brian, Stray Cat and Kittens in the Bag



No comments:

Post a Comment