Monday, March 3, 2014

Transfers and Changes

Monday, March 03, 2014

Dear Everyone,

This past week has been crazy to say the least. At the start of the week had pretty normal days, but we were told that transfer awareness is on Tuesday not Wednesday because transfers were on Thursday not Friday... It was interesting but it all worked out. So on Tuesday we had the meeting and found out that my old companion Elder Gison is going to live in the same apartment as me still. Haha. That was interesting, and Elder Harris stayed with him. That was the strange part for sure but that about sums up Tuesday.

Wednesday we just went out and worked but got punted all day again. Man I think that is just going to be my whole mission. But i am learning to stay positive no matter what happens in the work. The biggest lesson from this week is that you only fail when you don't try, and let me tell you we have been trying. I don't know that I have ever been this tired in my life.

Anyway, on Thursday we had transfers so Elder Bustamante and I got up and went out early to get a ride to San Fernando with the rest of the zone. I had a crazy awesome meeting with all the other trainers before we met our trainees. The spirit was very strong there. So the crazy part was they had all the trainees come in and sit with the trainers before they announced who the companionships were. As it turns out my anak (trainee) sat right next to me. Haha. That was funny but cool. His name is Elder Arzadon. He is from California, but he is a full blood Filipino. The other nice thing is he understands all the Tagalog spoken to him. To be honest he might even be better than me at Tagalog but that is ok too. Anyway we went back to Damortis, got him unpacked, and helped him meet some of the members. It was good day.

Friday we got right to work. We went to some of our less actives and taught some great lessons We also found some new investigators at one of our less actives homes. It was a little interesting teaching them because the house is like a shack that they just kept adding on to so there are actually a lot of people living there. It's interesting. Also there are three little girls there that, whenever they see me, scream and run and grab my hands and won’t let go. It's really funny.

Saturday we had to go to Agoo because I had to interview one of the sisters in my district's baptismal candidate. It was sweet to see how prepared these people are to accept the gospel and live it throughout their lives. It was really cool. After that we went finding and found a place I had never been to before and made some appointments to come back and teach. I hope that goes well. We plan to go back tomorrow.

Sunday we had church but still no investigators at church. :( It was still a good fast Sunday though. That night we taught and had dinner with one of our less actives, and we made plans to work with their sons sometime soon. All of their sons are RM's but they don't come to church. I really feel like if they work with us they will come back to church. I hope it all works out. :)

Well that's all for this week. I love you all and hope that everything is going well with you. Mahal kita, talaga! ingat po

Elder Christensen

Answers to Questions from a Separate Email

* How are you adjusting to be a trainer?
It's really, really hard. I feel so much responsibility to just do everything right so he has a good example to follow. It is pretty hard not going to lie, but I do enjoy it.

* How are you adjusting to being a DL?
Well it's about the same as when I was a DL before just a little more responsibility because I'm starting everything instead of just picking up where someone else left off. I always think of the scripture in D & C where it states that "Many are called but few are chosen" I need honor my calling and be an example to those around me. I know that I have been called and now I must do my part so I can be one of the chosen. I wish only to serve as best I can in these responsibilities. I know that whom the Lord calls he qualifies. I am being qualified by the spirit. I feel it every day working in me to change me and help me help those around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment